Although there are some challenging battles in Armored Core 6’s Chapter 1, they all pale in comparison to its boss. The fearsome PCA “Balteus” will fly out to intercept you right after you meet Ayre, while she is Do I give you some helpful tips for getting through it, it’s still very much a battle the game expects you to figure out and win on your own.
Balteus is extremely deadly, and will kill you very quickly if you’re not careful or you struggle to adapt to his abilities. Don’t worry if you’re having a hard time overcoming this problem, we’re here to help you with some important information, tips, and tricks. This includes build and gear suggestions for your armored core, a full overview of Balteus’ attacks, details on how combat changes as it progresses, and more.
Armored Core 6 Balteus: Best build, weapons and gear
Balteus isn’t a particularly fast enemy, which means it’s pretty easy to hit with most weapons. However, he is also incredibly armored between his pulse shield and his large health pool. In terms of its offensive capabilities, it will attack with hundreds of missiles throughout the battle, along with cannon blasts, shotgun-like bursts, and ferocious melee attacks.
With these conditions in mind, We’ve found it best to use a fast, lightweight armor core optimized for many evasive maneuvers with evasive dashes and offensive boosts. In terms of your weapons, there are two methods that would work well here. If you prefer to be more aggressive, Pair a well-rounded rifle with an energy bladed melee weapon. instead, You can exchange the energy blade for a bazooka if you prefer not to get too close. Choosing to melee will give you a better overall damage, while the bazooka is a safer option. No matter what hand weapons you use, We definitely recommend using rocket launchers on your shoulders Since they will be able to hit Balteus constantly and contribute a lot of damage.
Since Balteus has a pulse shield, Using a pulse weapon to quickly disable it is also a powerful option. However, the problem with these weapons is that they have very low ammo reserves, so if you’re having a hard time dealing a lot of damage with your other weapons every time the shield goes down, your pulse weapon won’t last as long as a normal weapon. . He. She Can work, but in our experience using a shotgun type weapon is better since they have plenty of ammo, while also still dealing good enough damage to destroy Balteus’ shield reasonably quickly.
to expand your armored core, We found Pulse Armor to be the better option. It provides you with a powerful energy shield on demand that can be used multiple times throughout the fight if you need to. A good offensive alternative would be Assault Armor, which you can use to destroy Balteus up close with an energy blast while simultaneously vaporizing incoming projectiles.
Armored Core 6: How to beat Balteus
Balteus is a very tough boss, but with the right approach and strategy, you will emerge victorious from this exciting battle. Here’s what you need to know.
- The boss will start the fight by firing a huge barrage of missiles your way; Promote abuse through them. You can then hit Balteus with your weapons before he moves to undo his opening position. This tactic works throughout the rest of the fight when missiles are being fired directly at you, but not when they are coming from the side.
- From a distance, the Balteus will continue to fire barrages of missiles, streams of bullets, and gun-like blasts. You can easily dodge missiles by dashing in the direction they’re coming from, while bullets and gun blasts can be avoided with basic sideways motion while hovering.
- Watch out for the warning signs, as they indicate your boss is about to fire a deadly cannon at you. You can dodge it with a well-timed evasive boost to the side while you’re airborne, though if you do it too early you’ll still get it.
- Supply the boss with your arsenal until his pulse shield breaks, at which point he will stagger. Try and make sure you have more powerful attacks like bazooka rounds and energy blade strikes when this happens, as it’s important to maximize the damage before the boss heals and eventually gets his shield back.
- If you’re using melee, wait for the boss to move recently to commit the strike. If you don’t, he may move away as you try to hit him, causing you to miss. Reinforcing the attack right before the swing will help ensure the hit.
- Also, try not to attack him head-on, because he might fire a cannon shot while you’re in animation. You won’t be able to dodge it if you’re swinging your energy blade, so try to cut it from one side where it can’t target you.
- When Balteus’ health reaches 50%, Ayre will give you a warning that “The waves are getting stronger”. As fast as you can, get away from the boss. It will activate Assault Armor shortly after, dealing massive damage to your mech if it gets stuck in its area of effect.
- The second phase of the fight has now begun, as the boss gains some new attacks. In addition to the usual ranged attacks, Balteus will occasionally try to hit you with huge flaming blades as well. He can also tie them together and use them as a flamethrower.
- Pay attention to the boss’s melee attack angle, and dodge accordingly. Slashes from the side can be avoided by swiping up and/or lunging backwards, while headers can be avoided with dashes to the side.
- The flamethrower attack can be avoided by flying high in the air. The area of effect of the fire is rather big, so feel free to use those boosts or you might take some damage.
- After dodging a few of these attacks in a row, the boss will be immobile for a second and easily hit. Use this opportunity to launch your own melee attacks.
Constantly hammer Balteus with your weapons while still dodging her missiles and attacks, and you’ll eventually reach the top. This boss is very difficult, so don’t get discouraged if you keep dying; Every death is a learning opportunity, and once you have a good understanding of the pace of the fight, it will be easier for you to beat it.
When Balteus falls you should celebrate, because not only will you have defeated one of the strongest early bosses in Armored Core 6, but you will also have finished the opening chapter of the game. There are many challenging encounters awaiting you, of course, but you can move forward knowing you have what it takes to overcome them.
Armored Core 6 is available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, PS5 and PS4. It’s one of Best xbox games And The best computer games for 2023, and we can’t recommend it enough.