World

Israel promises ‘response’ to Iranian attack — RT World News

The War Council in West Jerusalem decided so “Clear and decisive” After the missile and drone attack launched by Tehran on Saturday. But the response must be consistent with the will of the United States, according to Israeli media.

Iran launched a barrage of cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and drones, in response to the bombing of its consulate in Damascus, Syria, earlier this month that killed several senior officers of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps' Quds Force.

The IDF says it shot down the vast majority of incoming projectiles with the help of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Jordan and others.

“The launching of such a large number of missiles, cruise missiles and drones into the territory of the State of Israel will be responded to.” The Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces, Lieutenant General Herzi Halevy, said on Monday.

Halevy spoke from the Nevatim air base near Beersheba, one of the sites hit by the Iranian attack. Reported by the Israel Defense Forces “minor damage” To the facility, without revealing any details.

He added: “Iran wanted to harm the strategic capabilities of the State of Israel, something that has never happened before.” Halevy said, adding that the IDF had prepared “Operation Iron Shield” to confront the attack.

He added: “Israel is very strong and knows how to deal with it alone, but with a threat so big and so distant, we are always happy to be able to deal with this threat.” [the US] With us,” Halevy added.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's warlike government has agreed to take some sort of action in response to Tehran, prominent Israeli outlet Mako reported Monday evening.

According to the publication, retaliation must be acceptable to the United States “comply” With the rules set by Washington, while also being measured in a way “Do not turn the region into war.”

Another issue that was raised was the need not to harm the ad hoc coalition assembled to repel the Iranian strike, which includes Jordan and, reportedly, even Saudi Arabia. Both Halevy and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant insisted on this “Forbidden under any circumstances” Mako pointed out that this puts the alliance at risk.

Tehran announced that it would respond “In seconds” If Israel decides to launch any form of attack on Iran.

You can share this story on social media:


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button