MMA champions earn millions of dollars in prize money through fights organized by the UFC, the world’s leading sport, which has allowed current and retired wrestlers to amass vast fortunes.
Irish wrestler Conor McGregor and his traditional Russian counterpart Habib Nur Mammadov top the list with their fierce rivalry inside the famous UFC cage Tens of millions of dollars were earned from fights and performances.
It’s no surprise that Conor McGregor, nicknamed “The Notorious,” tops the list, as he made more than $39 million in profits during his time competing in the “UFC.”
Dagestani Habib Nur Mammadov earned approximately $23 million during his legendary boxing career. In 2018, the Dagestani won the title of world lightweight martial arts champion with a dramatic victory over McGregor in a historic fight in Las Vegas, USA.
Here is a list of the highest-paid wrestlers in MMA history:
- Irishman Conor McGregor: More than $39 million.
“I want to get a knockout at this point.”
Conor McGregor hopes to get his 20th KO in his 2024 rematch against Michael Chandler.
McGregor has been sidelined with injury and rehab since UFC 264 on July 10, 2021. pic.twitter.com/UkXDwhrnhB
— MMA Uncensored (@MMAUNCENSORED1) November 20, 2023
- Dagestan – Russian nationality – Khabib Noor Mamedov: Approximately US$23 million.
Khabib Nurmagomedov 🎙️:
“The truth is, it’s not easy to turn down offers worth $20, $30, $40 million to return to the cage, but for me personally the financial return is not the most important thing – and if I decide to turn it down man’s word is irrevocable , I am very happy with my decision and have no “I never regret”. pic.twitter.com/ddUukRVanH
– Arabic Martial Arts (@ArabicMMA) November 10, 2023
- Dutchman Alistair Overeem: More than $15 million.
- Brazilian-American Nationality: Anderson Silva: More than $13 million.
Anderson Silva, a legend in the world of martial arts, has left an indelible mark on the sport with his unparalleled skills and extraordinary achievements. Silva was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil on April 14, 1975, and his journey to becoming one of the greatest mixed martial arts athletes… pic.twitter.com/ZiRYZdCckK
— UFC_MMA fighter (@DangNgocSao) November 19, 2023
- American Andrei Arlovsky: More than $11 million.
- British Michael Bisping: Over $11 million
- brazilian teenager dosantos: Approximately $11 million.
- Canadian Georges St-Pierre: About $11 million.
Georges St-Pierre with John Danaher, Greg Jackson, Firas Zahabi and Crewe Nas in his corner (2010) pic.twitter.com/1VlnQbhoUA
— Tough Fight Pictures (@fightpicsgohard) August 16, 2023
- American John Jones: About $11 million.
Jon Jones x Lyoto Machida – the most horrific finish in UFC historypic.twitter.com/33unaNrGIM
– Hamza (@iHxmza9) November 16, 2023
- American Donald Cerrone: $10.5 million.