The head of the Government Media Office announced Gaza Strip Since October 7 last year, the number of people killed in the Gaza Strip due to Israeli aggression has risen to 14,532, including more than 6,000 children and more than 4,000 women, accounting for about 70% of the total number of martyrs.
The head of the media office said at a press conference that the number of medical martyrs reached 205, including a doctor, a nurse and a paramedic, as well as 25 civil defense team members and 64 journalists. The number of casualties exceeded 35,000 people, more than 75% of whom are children and women.
A statement from the media office said the number of destroyed government headquarters reached 102, and 266 schools were destroyed, 67 of which were completely unusable.
The number of completely destroyed mosques reached 85, 174 mosques were partially destroyed, and 3 churches were destroyed.
The statement explained that a total of 45,000 housing units were demolished, with an additional 233,000 units partially demolished and 26 hospitals and 55 medical centers out of service. Occupation forces also targeted 56 ambulances, and dozens more were taken out of service because they ran out of fuel.
The statement noted that markets and shops in Gaza are facing scarcity and lack of various basic foodstuffs and food items, while bakery operations have completely stopped and hundreds of food items are not available in the market.
The Gaza government office called on “Arab and Islamic countries to work to open the Rafah crossing and provide all hospitals in the Gaza Strip governorates with the medical supplies needed to restart.”
Qatar’s Foreign Ministry announced at dawn on Wednesday that Israel and the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) have reached a humanitarian ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip, and the start time will be announced within 24 hours.
Since October 7, the Israeli occupation forces have launched an invasion of Gaza following Operation Al-Aqsa Flood.